Saturday, December 9, 2006

Quest for the perfect tree

We are in the habit of cutting down our Christmas tree every year. the quest for the perfect tree. I admit in the beginning we had some Charlie Brown trees but they were our Charlie Brown trees and we liked them one year we had a red neck tree (it only had three sides) but, the important thing is we have fun as a family and the search is on again today. I do not know what we will come up with but I am sure no matter what it will be perfect. as we get it set up and decorate it I look at the ornaments from years past and think about all of the blessings I have had. this year there will be yet another new ornament this one just as special as the last and my memories for this year will hang on the tree. although this year is different this year I am getting two, one for the milestone of marriage and another to honor the memory of my cousin. I will probably have tears when I hang that one but, I have my memories as well and I will dwell on the happy times and remember the smiles this Christmas may have a sadness to it but we are truly blessed to have had the pleasure of our memories. love one another like you may never love again, create beautiful memories for others to cherish and Thank God for the blessings he has given us all. Happy Holidays everyone God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I looked at all our ornaments, especially the ones the kids have made over the years, it amazed me how many years and memories and good/bad times the tree has come to represent. Many of the ornaments I can't even place the maker of; sometimes the kids can't even do that! We even have one Tim made when he was little. And a toilet paper roll dolled up to be Joseph! A few years ago I found an ornament that is a baby angel sitting in half a walnut shell- this represents "Peanut", the baby we lost.

When we first got married, all decorating the tree meant was excitement and fun and growing up. Over the years the meaning deepens, and even saddens a little. I wonder if this saddening/deepening continues on as the kids grow up and leave and eventually come back for Christmas with kids of their own.